Peanuts since ancient times have been known to be enriched with many noteworthy health-benefiting nutrients essential for optimum health. Peanuts are in fact legumes but also have all the qualities to be considered nuts. They are botanically known, as being small-sized fruit pods of plants belonging to the Fabaceae family of the genus, Arachis. Commonly known as ground nut, erthnuts, etc. With the scientific name of Arachis hypogaea.
Peanuts emphasize a healthy heart being rich in mono-unsaturated fats and studies have shown that this legume can decrease cardiovascular disease risk by an estimated 21% compared to the average diet. They also contain other nutrients for promoting a healthy heart and are a good source of vitamin E, niacin, folate, protein and manganese.
Health benefits of Peanuts
- -These nuts are a good source of dietary protein compose fine quality amino acids that are essential for growth and development.
- -Research studies have shown that peanuts contain high concentrations of poly-phenolic antioxidants, primarily p-coumaric acid. This compound has been thought to be responsible in the reduction and risk of stomach cancer by limiting the formation of carcinogenic nitrosamines in the stomach.
- -Peanuts are an excellent source of resveratrol, another polyphenolic antioxidant. Resveratrol has been found to have protective function against cancers, heart disease, degenerative nerve disease, Alzheimer’s disease, and viral/fungal infections.
- -The nuts are an excellent source of vitamin E (a-tocopherol); containing about 8 g per100 g. vitamin E is a powerful lipid soluble antioxidant which helps maintain the integrity of cell membrane of mucus membranes and skin by protecting from harmful oxygen free radicals.
- -The nuts are packed with many important B-complex groups of vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and folates. 100 g of peanuts provide about 85% of RDI of niacin, which contribute to brain health and blood flow to brain.They are also a rich source of minerals like copper, manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- Product of Australia
- Energy- 2520kj
|Dimensions||15.5 × 6.0 × 23.0 cm|